Location: Kentford – Newmarket
AJN Steelstock is a leading steel stockholder operating across East Anglia, the Midlands and South East of England. We offer a full range of stock and processing facilities and have successfully increased our annual tonnage year on year. The business is fully committed to maintaining a culture that places great emphasis on delivering an excellent service to our customers, which in effect, ensures we stand out against the competition.
Subsequently, we are now looking to recruit additional staff to join our growing team.
Driving a company lorry (class I or II) on multi-drop runs within/around East Anglia, the Home Counties, the Midlands, London and even occasionally further afield. Assisting, as requested and as appropriate, with the unloading/loading of the lorry at various individual drops.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out all daily lorry checks at the start of the shift.
- Ensure continued load security and safety.
- Drive in accordance to all relevant road traffic laws and tachograph laws.
- Follow instructions of delivery plan.
- Be courteous and polite to customers.
- Follow customer instructions and sit rules
- Aid the unloading of materials on customer premises in accordance to health and safety policy.
- Report any accidents to Transport Manager.
- Report and delivery problems to Transport Manager.
- Report any vehicle defects to Transport Manager.
- Ensure the security of their digital tachograph card.
- Attend training courses when requested.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Rates of Pay: Pay dependent on level of experience
– Annual Summer discretionary bonus scheme
– Life Insurance
– Company Pension Scheme
– Private Medical Healthcare after 3 years’ service
– 10 days sick pay allowance after 5 years’ service
– PPE provided
Holiday: 20 days per annum, excluding bank holidays (5 days to be retained for Christmas closure)
These are the key areas only and should not be taken as exclusive of other tasks the employee may be asked to perform from time to time during the course of their employment.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE OPPORTUNITY OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND PLEASE SEND CV TO: