Combi lift/forklift Operator (Damages and Offcuts)
Company: AJN Steelstock is a leading steel stockholder operating across East Anglia, the Midlands and South East of England. We offer a full range of stock and processing facilities and have successfully increased our annual tonnage year on year. The business is fully committed to maintaining a culture that places great emphasis on delivering an excellent service to our customers, which in effect, ensures we stand out against the competition.
Brief Description: Forklift truck/Combi-lift Dealing with Production Offcuts and material Damages and other quality related issues. Reporting to Management – Operations Director / Quality Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure machines and all work areas are clean and tidy.
- Ensure daily checks are performed on your forklift/combi-lift at the start of your shift.
- Identification ,Re-marking and re-batching of offcuts produced via the production process, and re-stocking the material into the correct locations using the quality and stock procedure.
- Process damaged stock material using the company procedure for dealing with non-compliant and un-fit for use materials.
- Deal with customer returned materials as directed by Quality controllers, assist to help maintain stock control.
- Ensure you and your colleagues adhere to all current Health & Safety Legislation and Company Policy.
- Report any accidents and incidents to the Health and Safety Advisor.
- Attend training courses when requested.
- Comply with all company quality policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties as Directed by the Operation Director/Quality Manager.
These are the key areas only and should not be taken as exclusive of other tasks the employee may be asked to perform from time to time during the course of their employment.
Rates of Pay: Dependent on experience.
Hours of work: 40 hours Monday to Friday Monday to Friday, 07:00am – 15:30pm.