About AJN:AJN Steelstock is a leading steel stockholder operating across East Anglia, the Midlands and South East of England. We offer a full range of stock and processing facilities and have successfully increased our annual tonnage year on year. The business is fully committed to maintaining a culture that places great emphasis on delivering an excellent service to our customers, which in effect, ensures we stand out against the competition.
Subsequently, we are now looking to recruit additional staff to join our growing team.
Brief Description: Forklift truck/Combi-lift Operator picking steel to order, collating orders, unloading and loading lorries.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensure machines and all work areas are clean and tidy.
• Replenish stock in the racks.
• Ensure daily checks are performed on your forklift/combi-lift at the start of your shift.
• Working as part of our team of operators, picking steel to order, as and when orders are generated, reporting faults.
• Collating aforementioned orders, and preparing them for loading.
• Be courteous and polite to customers.
• Unloading Lorries as necessary.
• Loading Lorries as necessary.
• Ensure you and your colleagues adhere to all current Health & Safety Legislation and Company Policy.
• Report any accidents and incidents to the Health and Safety Advisor.
• Attend training courses when requested.
• Comply with all company quality policies and procedures
Hours of Work:
32.5 – 40 hours per week – Multiple shifts available
Rates of Pay: Pay dependent on level of experience
– Annual Summer discretionary bonus scheme
– Life Insurance
– Company Pension Scheme
– Private Medical Healthcare after 3 years’ service
– 10 days sick pay allowance after 5 years’ service
– PPE provided
Holiday: 20 days per annum, excluding bank holidays (5 days to be retained for Christmas closure)
These are the key areas only and should not be taken as exclusive of other tasks the employee may be asked to perform from time to time during the course of their employment.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE OPPORTUNITY OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND PLEASE SEND CV TO: