Health & Safety Assistant
Location: Kentford – Newmarket
AJN Steelstock is a leading steel stockholder operating across East Anglia, the Midlands and South East of England. We offer a full range of stock and processing facilities and have successfully increased our annual tonnage year on year. The business is fully committed to maintaining a culture that places great emphasis on delivering an excellent service to our customers, which in effect, ensures we stand out against the competition.
Subsequently, we are now looking to recruit additional staff to join our growing team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A keen and enthusiastic person to assist with the administration within the health and safety department. Working with and supporting the health and safety team, the ideal candidate will have some experience of health and safety, or an aptitude and willingness to learn.
Duties will include, but not necessarily limited to:
- Assisting with the organising of health and safety meetings and taking and producing minutes of said meetings.
- Organising the stocks of PPE and janitorial supplies, requesting further stocks as and when required and checking deliveries and putting them away.
- Organising the works uniforms with the laundry company.
- Printing and collating training plans and documents for employees.
- Inputting training plan information on to the computer system.
- Creating new starter packs.
- Organising the health and safety diary of inspections and audits. Preparing and maintaining asset registers and registers of inspections.
- Assisting with the creation of accident analysis and the close out of accident and near miss PCA’s.
- Assisting with the organising of Occupational Health.
- Health and safety filing, copying and printing.
- Any other adhoc health and safety administration
These are the key areas only and should not be taken as exclusive of other tasks the employee may be asked to perform from time to time during the course of their employment. You will report to the Operations Director.
Qualifications/skills and experience:
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to manage your own workload and prioritise workloads.
- Good numeracy and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven administration experience.
- Experience of H&S or an aptitude and willingness to learn.
- Ability & sensitivity to handle confidential information and comply with legislation, including GDPR.
- Excellent IT skills including, Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- IOSH Managing Safely or other relevant qualification would be desirable but not essential as training will be given.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (office hours) – 40 hours per week.
Rates of Pay: Competitive salary dependent on level of experience.
Holiday: 20 days per annum, excluding bank holidays (5 days to be retained for Christmas closure).
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE OPPORTUNITY OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND PLEASE SEND CV TO: