About AJN: AJN Steelstock is a leading steel stockholder operating across East Anglia, the Midlands and South East of England. We offer a full range of stock and processing facilities and have successfully increased our annual tonnage year on year. The business is fully committed to maintaining a culture that places great emphasis on delivering an excellent service to our customers, which in effect, ensures we stand out against the competition.
Subsequently, we are now looking to recruit additional staff to join our growing team.
Brief Description: Processing customer orders to specifications using a selection of manual and CNC machinery.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Operate a selection of manual and CNC machinery for metal processing.
• Process steel to customers’ requirements and tolerances. Work within the company’s quality system to ensure the full traceability of customer orders.
• Be competent at reading drawings, orders and following verbal instructions.
• Able to work to high standards under your own initiative and pressure.
• Operate forklifts and combilifts safely and in a controlled manner.
• Ensure daily checks are performed on your equipment, crane and forklift/combilift, these are to be carried out before you start your shift
• Working as part of our team of operators, processing steel to order, as and when orders are generated.
• Collating aforementioned orders, and preparing them for loading.
• Ensure you and your colleagues adhere to all current Health & Safety Legislation and Company Policy.
• Report any accidents and incidents to the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager.
• Report any machine faults / breakdowns to the production Supervisor or Maintenance Manager
• Attend training courses when requested.
Skils and Experience:
– Excellent Team work skills
– Ability to read labels, numbers and drawings
– Ability to operate in a high speed and fast paced environment
– Ability to add, subtract and multiply
– Certification in operating forklifts is desirable, training will be available
– Experience in the use of CNC machinery and engineering environments would be desirable but not essential.
Hours of Work: Multiple shifts available.
Rates of Pay: Pay dependent on level of experience
– Annual Summer discretionary bonus scheme
– Life Insurance
– Company Pension Scheme
– Private Medical Healthcare after 3 years’ service
– 10 days sick pay allowance after 5 years’ service
– PPE provided
Holiday: 20 days per annum, excluding bank holidays (5 days to be retained for Christmas closure)
These are the key areas only and should not be taken as exclusive of other tasks the employee may be asked to perform from time to time during the course of their employment.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE OPPORTUNITY OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND PLEASE SEND CV TO: