AJN is a family owned company and is a leading steel stockholder operator across East Anglia, The Midlands and further afield.
Processing customer orders to specifications using a selection of manual and CNC machinery. A supervisor of a team / individuals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Communicate effectively at all levels and assist in management of workflow with scheduling, planning and distribution of work.
• To comply with all current health and safety and environmental legislation together with company policies and procedures. Ensure the safe practice of work is adhered to and communicated to all staff. Encourage PPE and safety at work at ALL times.
• Operate a selection of manual and CNC based machinery for metal processing, also conduct manual drilling and marking out.
• In house fabrication, maintenance including welding (mma & mig), flame cutting, plasma cutting. Handling power tools including cutter, grinders and punch.
• Process steel to customers’ requirements and tolerances. Work within the company’s quality system, policies and procedures to ensure the full traceability of customer orders.
• Be competent at reading drawings, orders and following verbal instructions, be available to train others in this area.
• Identify and locate different steel products, using appropriate measuring equipment.
• Able to work to high standards under your own initiative and pressure.
• Operate forklifts, combi-lifts and the crane safely and in a controlled manner.
• Ensure daily checks are performed on your equipment, crane and forklift/combi-lift, these are to be carried out before you start your shift
• Working as part of our team of operators, processing steel to order, as and when orders are generated.
• Collating aforementioned orders, including banding, palletising, bagging and preparing them for loading.
• Loading, off Loading of machine rollers and racks.
• Loading, off Loading of plate and parts from the plasma machines
• Keeping machines and work areas clean and tidy
• Report any accidents and incidents to the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager.
• Report any machine faults / breakdowns to the production Supervisor or Maintenance Manager
• Attend training courses when required/requested.
Hours of Work:
7.00am – 3.30pm 40 hours Monday to Friday
Rates of Pay: Pay dependent on level of experience
– Annual Summer discretionary bonus scheme
– Life Insurance
– Company Pension Scheme
– Private Medical Healthcare after 3 years’ service
– 10 days sick pay allowance after 5 years’ service
– PPE provided
Holiday: 20 days per annum, excluding bank holidays (5 days to be retained for Christmas closure)
These are the key areas only and should not be taken as exclusive of other tasks the employee may be asked to perform from time to time during the course of their employment.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE OPPORTUNITY OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND PLEASE SEND CV TO: