Mechanic/Forklift Engineer (Combi)
About AJN: AJN Steelstock is a leading steel stockholder operating across East Anglia, the Midlands and South East of England. We offer a full range of stock and processing facilities and have successfully increased our annual tonnage year on year. The business is fully committed to maintaining a culture that places great emphasis on delivering an excellent service to our customers, which in effect, ensures we stand out against the competition.
Brief Description: Forklift truck/Combi-lift Operator picking steel to order, collating orders, unloading and loading lorries. Reporting to Workshop Supervisor / Maintenance Manager .
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform preventative maintenance routines and condition monitoring on Combilifts and Forklifts.
- Liaise closely with the Maintenance Supervisor and operations staff in all aspects to ensure efficient, effective and planned reactive maintenance at all times.
- Repair damages to HGV’s upon return for use the following day.
- Diagnose faults and repair Combilifts and Forklifts.
- Anticipate machine failures and make such changes or recommendations to prevent re-occurrence and to minimise downtime.
- Work to improve reliability and productivity of equipment.
- Complete written records of all maintenance activities.
- Carry out maintenance tasks diligently and in good time using appropriate methodology.
- Good mechanical, hydraulic and electrical skills, an advantage.
- Experience of heavy forklifts, side loaders and multidirectional forklifts.
- Cover and manage breakdowns on Combi and Machinery.
- Make sure that work sheet is given on handover of shift.
- You must have experience working in a fast-moving operational environment, working under pressure and using your own initiative whilst also being an integral part of an effective team.
- Basic numeracy, literacy skills required, along with good written and verbal communications.
These are the key areas only and should not be taken as exclusive of other tasks the employee may be asked to perform from time to time during the course of their employment.
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 11am – 19.30pm (40 hours)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Holiday: 20 days per annum, excluding bank holidays (5 days to be retained for Christmas closure)
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE OPPORTUNITY OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND PLEASE SEND CV TO: