Company: AJN Steelstock is a leading steel stockholder operating across East Anglia, the Midlands and South East of England. We offer a full range of stock and processing facilities and have successfully increased our annual tonnage year on year. The business is fully committed to maintaining a culture that places great emphasis on delivering an excellent service to our customers, which in effect, ensures we stand out against the competition.
Brief Description: Various production tasks as below. Reporting to Operations Director, Chris Sage.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create cutting patterns for jobs.
- Update and create new files for cutting tickets.
- Confirm cutting and picking tickets.
- Scan and confirm profile jobs/tickets.
- Liaise with sales/cutting.
- Cancel jobs/change jobs where asked.
- Use BDI to print mitres drawings.
- Input weight locations, if it is painted or blast only or self-coloured.
- Print off-cut sheets and input data as and when.
- Email date/delivery changes if required.
- Quote drill plasma job
- Nest & programme profiles.
- Schedule drilling & check throughout day.
- Quote lead times.
- Batch nos for test certs/traceability.
- Manual programming customer drawings.
- Supply drawings for shed to check for drill/manual.
- Go through cut/drill tickets marking if job is done of not.
These are the key areas only and should not be taken as exclusive of other tasks the employee may be asked to perform from time to time during the course of their employment.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday (40 hours).
Holiday: 20 days per annum, excluding bank holidays (5 days to be retained for Christmas closure).