Production Operative (Mid Shifts)
Company: AJN Steelstock is a leading steel stockholder operating across East Anglia, the Midlands and South East of England. We offer a full range of stock and processing facilities and have successfully increased our annual tonnage year on year. The business is fully committed to maintaining a culture that places great emphasis on delivering an excellent service to our customers, which in effect, ensures we stand out against the competition.
Brief Description: Processing customer orders to specifications using a selection of manual machinery. Reporting to production supervisor/manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate a selection of manual and CNC based machinery for metal processing.
- Process steel to customers’ requirements and tolerances. Work within the company’s quality system to ensure the full traceability of customer orders.
- Be competent at reading drawings, orders and following verbal instructions, be available to train others in this area.
- Able to work to high standards under your own initiative and pressure.
- Operate forklifts, combi-lifts and the crane safely and in a controlled manner.
- Ensure daily checks are performed on your equipment, crane and forklift/combi-lift, these are to be carried out before you start your shift.
- Working as part of our team of operators, processing steel to order, as and when orders are generated.
- Collating aforementioned orders, including banding, palletising, bagging and preparing them for loading.
- Loading, off Loading of plate and parts from the plasma machines.
- Identify and locate different steel products using appropriate measuring equipment.
- Keeping machines and work areas clean and tidy.
- Ensure you and your colleagues adhere to all current Health & Safety Legislation and Company Policy.
- Report any accidents and incidents to the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager.
- Report any machine faults / breakdowns to the production Supervisor or Maintenance Manager.
- Attend training courses when required/requested.
- Comply with all Company Quality policies and procedures.
These are the key areas only and should not be taken as exclusive of other tasks the employee may be asked to perform from time to time during the course of their employment.
Hours of work: 15.00pm – 23.30 pm Monday to Friday (40 hours)
Holiday: 20 days per annum, excluding bank holidays (5 days to be retained for Christmas closure).