Location: Kentford – Newmarket
AJN Steelstock is a leading steel stockholder operating across East Anglia, the Midlands and South East of England. We offer a full range of stock and processing facilities and have successfully increased our annual tonnage year on year. The business is fully committed to maintaining a culture that places great emphasis on delivering an excellent service to our customers, which in effect, ensures we stand out against the competition.
Subsequently, we are now looking to recruit additional staff to join our growing team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the inspection of product throughout the manufacturing process and final release.
- Support the batch traceability process.
- Conduct investigations on quality non-conformance issues.
- Deliver detailed quality associated training to the personnel as required.
- Support internal audits as well as external audit programme as required.
- Inspect/Calibrate measuring equipment according to the calibration.
- Monitor Quality Management System awareness at all levels within the organisation
- Help to manage quality control systems for the business.
- Working alongside other departments and personnel in the business to improve systems.
- Undertake other work as directed by Senior Quality Manager.
- Assist the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to ensure that the Company remains up to date with all legislative requirements.
- Ensure employee compliance of site rules, company procedures and safe working practices.
- Carryout site inspections.
- Carryout accident and near miss investigations.
- Arrange external training and prepare materials ready for them
- Liaise with the Company’s occupational health suppliers and prepare appointments for visits from them on your shift.
- Ensure non-employee compliance of site rules, Company procedures and safe working practices.
- Carryout risk assessments.
- Carryout health and safety audits.
- Carryout RIDDOR reporting.
- Carryout company health and safety training.
- Liaise with the Company’s insurance company where necessary.
- Liaise with the HSE and Local Authorities if and when necessary.
These are the key areas only and should not be taken as exclusive of other tasks the employee may be asked to perform from time to time during the course of their employment. You will report to the Operations Director.
– Experience of management systems to ISO 45001 (or OHSAS 18001), 14001 and 9001 would be advantageous.
Hours of Work: 40 hours Monday to Thursday (17.00pm – 02.00am), Friday (17.00pm – 23.30pm)
Rates of Pay: Pay dependent on level of experience
Holiday: 20 days per annum, excluding bank holidays (5 days to be retained for Christmas closure).
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE OPPORTUNITY OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND PLEASE SEND CV TO: