Trainee Quality Controller
Location: Kentford – Newmarket
AJN Steelstock is a leading steel stockholder operating across East Anglia, the Midlands and South East of England. We offer a full range of stock and processing facilities and have successfully increased our annual tonnage year on year. The business is fully committed to maintaining a culture that places great emphasis on delivering an excellent service to our customers, which in effect, ensures we stand out against the competition.
Subsequently, we are now looking to recruit additional staff to join our growing team. The Quality Controller will be required to monitor and assess quality across all production processes (incl. Goods In), ensuring that the needs of the customer and business are balanced at all times, leading to optimum outcomes for both. You will be expected to be cooperative and work well with other members of the team and to have a professional and positive attitude. Also the ability to observe, pay attention to details and good analytical skills. Must be highlight motivated, task driven, well organised and able to cope with complex issues. Good communication both written and verbal will be required as well as computer efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the inspection of product throughout the manufacturing process and final release.
- Support and maintain the batch traceability process.
- Conduct investigations on quality non-conformance issues, rectifying any issues.
- Deliver detailed quality associated training to the personnel as required.
- Support internal audits as well as external audit programme as required.
- Inspect/Calibrate measuring equipment according to the calibration plan.
- Work within the Quality Management System and monitor Quality Management System awareness at all levels within the organisation.
- Help to manage quality control systems for the business.
- Working alongside other departments and personnel in the business to improve systems.
- Observe excellent health and safety compliance and work within health and safety legislation and the Company health and safety management system, policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other work as directed by Senior Quality Manager.
- Assist the Health, within the quality department, as directed by the Quality Manager.
These are the key areas only and should not be taken as exclusive of other tasks the employee may be asked to perform from time to time during the course of their employment. You will report to the Operations Director.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday (late shift) 32 hours per week.
Rates of Pay: Competitive salary dependent on level of experience.
Holiday: 20 days per annum, excluding bank holidays (5 days to be retained for Christmas closure).
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE ABOVE OPPORTUNITY OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND PLEASE SEND CV TO: