Class 1 Driver
Driving a company lorry on multi-drop runs within/around East Anglia, the Home Counties, the Midlands, London and even occasionally further afield. Assisting, as requested and as appropriate, with the unloading/loading of the lorry at various individual drops.
Starting salary of £30,000 per annum.
Available at time and a half.
Annual summer discretionary bonus scheme
10 days sick pay allowance (after 5 years’ service)
Company pension scheme
20 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
Length of service rewards
5 additional days holiday after two years’ service
Private medical healthcare (after 2 years’ service)
Specsavers vouchers to those that specifically require it for their role
Legal and General Employee Assistance Programme
Duties & Responsibilites
- Carryout all daily lorry checks at the start of the shift.
- Ensure continued load security and safety.
- Drive in accordance to all relevant road traffic laws and tachograph laws.
- Follow instructions of delivery plan.
- Be courteous and polite to customers.
- Follow customer instructions and site rules.
- Aid the unloading of materials on customer premises in accordance with the health and safety policy.
- Report any accidents to Transport Manager.
- Report any delivery problems to Transport Manager.
- Report any vehicle defects to Transport Manager.
- Ensure the security of their digital tachograph card.
- Attend training courses when requested.
- To understand and conform to all Company Policies and Procedures, specifically as stated within the Driver Handbook/Staff Handbook.
AJN Steelstock is one of the UK’s leading steel stockholders operating from two sites in Kentford, Suffolk and Henstridge, Somerset. We have an outstanding reputation for service and reliability and are proud of our continued inclusion in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 League Table and the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.