Maintenance / Office Cleaner
Performing cleaning and maintenance tasks within the office. A full list of duties and responsibilities is available below.
Basic starting salary of £19,300 per annum.
Available at time and a half.
Annual summer discretionary bonus scheme
10 days sick pay allowance (after 5 years’ service)
Company pension scheme
20 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
Length of service rewards
5 additional days holiday after two years’ service
Private medical healthcare (after 2 years’ service)
Specsavers vouchers to those that specifically require it for their role
Legal and General Employee Assistance Programme
Duties & Responsibilites
- To carry out the cleaning of the offices, reception, boardroom, toilets, canteen/kitchen areas and changing and wash facilities on a rotational basis throughout the day as per the cleaning schedule. Cleaning to including dusting and or disinfecting all surfaces and high touch points including but not limited to doors, handrails, push buttons, window ledges, skirting boards, printers etc.
- Hoovering carpets and sweeping and washing floors according to the cleaning schedule.
- Maintaining stocks or consumables in kitchens and toilets.
- Maintaining stocks of cleaning consumables and putting in order requests to the purchasing department.
- Wiping down walls in corridors and canteen on a regular basis to maintain cleanliness.
- Cleaning of kitchen facilities including microwaves, fridges etc.
- Empty the bins and dispose of according to the cleaning schedule and risk assessments.
- To follow all aspects of the relevant risk assessments and SSOW.
- To complete all reasonable tasks that are assigned by the health and safety coordinator/manager.
- Ensure that dirty overalls are ready for collection and clean overalls are put away correctly on a weekly basis.
- To assist with, as and when required, the clearing of all the woods, rubbish and used banding from underneath all of the racks in the yard, picking shed and production shed on a weekly basis.
- Clear all of the litter and used woods from the goods in roadway on a weekly basis.
- To assist with gritting and clearing snow from the yard in poor weather conditions.
- Assist with emptying scrap skips in the production shed picking shed and the yard.
- Empty the litter bins around site.
- Sweep the picking shed and production shed roadways as and when required.
- Put all rubbish bags from the office into the correct skips daily. Clean the picking shed and maintenance toilets and ensure they are kept sufficiently stocked on a daily basis.
- Hoover underneath the racks in the picking shed as and when required.
- Complete the spill kit checks as and when required.
- Carry out the checks on all of the racking as and when required.
- Assist with ladder inspections, first aid kit and fire extinguisher checks and fire alarms tests when required.
- Carry out the emergency lighting checks as and when required.
- Assisting the maintenance team with out tasks where required.
- Report any accidents and incidents to the health and safety manager/co-ordinator.
- Ensure you and your colleagues adhere to all current health and safety legislation and company policy.
- Attend training courses when required.
- Maintaining and controlling any vegetation found on site. This will include grass cutting, hedge trimming and weed control.
AJN Steelstock is one of the UK’s leading steel stockholders operating from two sites in Kentford, Suffolk and Henstridge, Somerset. We have an outstanding reputation for service and reliability and are proud of our continued inclusion in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 League Table and the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.