Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Multi-skilled engineer working within a team to inspect, fault find and repair production machinery and company facilities to maintain an efficient, productive and safe site.
Competitive, dependent on experience.
Available at time and a half.
Annual summer discretionary bonus scheme
10 days sick pay allowance (after 5 years’ service)
Company pension scheme
20 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
Length of service rewards
5 additional days holiday after two years’ service
Private medical healthcare (after 2 years’ service)
Specsavers vouchers to those that specifically require it for their role
Legal and General Employee Assistance Programme
Duties & Responsibilites
- Perform preventative maintenance routines and condition monitoring of production machinery and facilities as per the inspection schedules. Maintaining accurate records of findings and works carried out
- Liaise closely with the Maintenance Supervisor and operations staff in all aspects to ensure efficient, effective and planned reactive maintenance at all times
- Make safety inspections of tools and equipment
- Diagnose faults and repair machines in a safe manner to minimise downtime and cost
- Anticipate machine failures and make such changes or recommendations to prevent re-occurrence and to minimise downtime
- Work to improve reliability and productivity of equipment
- Complete written records of all maintenance activities
- Carry out maintenance tasks diligently and in good time using appropriate methodology
- Be proactive in identify potential machine upgrades to improve lifespan, efficiency, productivity or safety of the machine and communicate these to the management team for consideration
- Carry out facilities maintenance to ensure the lifespan, productivity and safety of Company premises and grounds
- High levels of flexibility and the ability to change shifts to cover absences is a must
Skills & Experience
- Good industrial electrical skills essential with experience of motors, gearboxes plcs, inverters etc. You will ideally have good mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge and practical experience in a similar manufacturing or heavy plant industrial environment. You must hold a valid UK driving license. A forklift and MEWP license would be desirable but not essential
- In house fabrication including welding (mma, mag & mig), flame cutting, plasma cutting experience of handling power tools including mag cutter, grinders and drills would be desirable
- You must have experience working in a fast moving operational environment, working under pressure and your own initiative whilst also being an integral part of an effective team. Being able to analyse machine faults and consider the best way of making the repair efficiently, safely ad in a cost effective manner
- Good organisational skills and the ability to plan and complete work in a methodical manner are essential
- Excellent health and safety awareness is essential
- Numeracy, literacy and computer skills are required, along with good written and verbal communications.
AJN Steelstock is one of the UK’s leading steel stockholders operating from two sites in Kentford, Suffolk and Henstridge, Somerset. We have an outstanding reputation for service and reliability and are proud of our continued inclusion in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 League Table and the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.