We are looking for a keen individual to create and modify programmes in accordance with technical drawings and procedures. Using company tools working closely with the sales department to ensure customers optimisation.
Average basic salary of £20,000 to £30,000 per annum dependent on experience.
Annual summer discretionary bonus scheme
10 days sick pay allowance (after 5 years’ service)
Company pension scheme
20 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
Length of service rewards
5 additional days holiday after two years’ service
Private medical healthcare (after 2 years’ service)
Specsavers vouchers to those that specifically require it for their role
Legal and General Employee Assistance Programme
Duties & Responsibilites
- Create plate machine programs for manufacturing, using Sigma nest, BDI and steel projects
- Be competent at basic 2D cad skills to check NC files. Check dimensions and geometry
- Read and understand engineering drawings and confirm programme components from customer drawings, including manual programming of customer drawings
- Manage the scheduling of plate machines and check progression throughout the day to the completion of the job
- Quote plate and fittings and lead times as appropriate
- Work in coordination with other production staff
- Monitor batch numbers for test certs/traceability
- Liaise with sales on cutting times to ensure customer delivery dates can be achieved
- Supply drawings for shed to check machine accuracy
- Go through cutting tickets confirming when complete
- Maintain accurate records and file all correspondence as appropriate
- Liaise with purchasing on non-stock requirements.
AJN Steelstock is one of the UK’s leading steel stockholders operating from two sites in Kentford, Suffolk and Henstridge, Somerset. We have an outstanding reputation for service and reliability and are proud of our continued inclusion in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 League Table and the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.