Processing customer orders to specifications using a selection of manual machinery. Reporting to production supervisor/manager.
Average basic salary of £21,000 to £23,000 (£10.10 to £11.06 per hour) per annum after 12-18 months. Starting salary dependent upon experience.
Available at time and a half
Annual summer discretionary bonus scheme
10 days sick pay allowance (after 5 years’ service)
Company pension scheme
20 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
Length of service rewards
5 additional days holiday after two years’ service
Private medical healthcare (after 2 years’ service)
Specsavers vouchers to those that specifically require it for their role
Legal and General Employee Assistance Programme
Duties & Responsibilites
- Operate a selection of manual and CNC based machinery for metal processing
- Process steel to customers’ requirements and tolerances. Work within the company’s quality system to ensure the full traceability of customer orders
- Be competent at reading drawings, orders and following verbal instructions, be available to train others in this area
- Able to work to high standards under your own initiative and pressure
- Operate forklifts, combi-lifts and the crane safely and in a controlled manner
- Ensure daily checks are performed on your equipment, crane and forklift/combi-lift, these are to be carried out before you start your shift
- Working as part of our team of operators, processing steel to order, as and when orders are generated
- Collating aforementioned orders, including banding, palletising, bagging and preparing them for loading
- Loading, off Loading of plate and parts from the plasma machines
- Identify and locate different steel products using appropriate measuring equipment
- Keeping machines and work areas clean and tidy
- Ensure you and your colleagues adhere to all current Health & Safety Legislation and Company Policy
- Report any accidents and incidents to the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
- Report any machine faults / breakdowns to the production Supervisor or Maintenance Manager
- Attend training courses when required/requested
- Comply with all Company Quality policies and procedures
These are the key areas only and should not be taken as exclusive of other tasks the employee may be asked to perform from time to time during the course of their employment.
AJN Steelstock is one of the UK’s leading steel stockholders operating from two sites in Kentford, Suffolk and Henstridge, Somerset. We have an outstanding reputation for service and reliability and are proud of our continued inclusion in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 League Table and the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.