Trainee Maintenance Fabricator
To carry out in-house fabrication and welding of new products and repairs, refurbishment or improvements to existing products to enable the smooth running of the Company.
Negotiable depending on experience
Overtime paid at time and a half.
Annual summer discretionary bonus scheme
10 days sick pay allowance (after 5 years’ service)
Company pension scheme
20 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
Length of service rewards
5 additional days holiday after two years’ service
Private medical healthcare (after 2 years’ service)
Specsavers vouchers to those that specifically require it for their role
Legal and General Employee Assistance Programme
Duties & Responsibilites
- Carry out in house fabrication, maintenance and repair to a suitable standard including welding (mma, mig and arc welding, primarily of mild steel and manganese) flame cutting, plasma cutting, saw cutting and manual drilling, using a variety of power and hand tools.
- Carry out fabrication and welding to produce new products to assist in the operation of the Company as directed by the management team
- Carry out any welding and fabrication repairs to production machinery, buildings or facilities as directed by the management team
- Working from drawings and manufacturer’s manuals and instructions or carrying out own design for approval, by your supervisor and or Operations Directors, and/or trial before manufacture
- Complete rack repairs and inspections to the required coded welder level, maintaining codings as required
- Complete inspections of sub-contracted fabrication works’ rejecting or approving works accordingly and recording findings
- Assist the operations team in the management of new projects. Assisting with the review of pre-project information, including, but not limited to, design, installation requirements, inspection requirements, programmes and health and safety requirements as directed by the OD.
- Assist with any fabrication works required for the installation or implication of new projects, monitoring works as they progress and ensuring the objectives of the project are being met throughout the project as directed by the OD and or Supervisor
- Plan and carry out works effectively to enable projects to run to programme in a cost effective manner
- Work effectively with contractors when on site, ensuring both you and they are working as per the contract and health and safety requirements
- Assist the maintenance team as and when required with preventative and reactive maintenance repairs
- Any ad hoc duties to assist and support the Combi maintenance workshop
- Follow all safe systems of work at all times. Identify and report any shortcomings that become apparent whilst undertaking tasks or if the tasks change or new activities are undertaken. Liaise with the H&S team to ensure such risks are assessed and procedures amended as necessary
- Actively engage in the identification of risks within the workplace and the subsequent assessment development of suitable safe systems of work. When necessary, intervene to prevent breaches of health and safety and/or report as necessary
- Follow the requirements of the Company Quality Management Systems, policies and procedures to help achieve a quality product for the customer and reduce the non-conformances
- Follow the requirements of the Company Environmental Management System to assist the Company’s objective to reduce the detrimental effect on the environment by way of waste management and any other areas to improve the environmental impact.
Experience & Skills
Not essential as we will give training but any fabrication, welding, or repairing experience will be beneficial.
AJN Steelstock is one of the UK’s leading steel stockholders operating from two sites in Kentford, Suffolk and Henstridge, Somerset. We have an outstanding reputation for service and reliability and are proud of our continued inclusion in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 League Table and the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.