CombiLift Operator / Loader
Picking steel to order, collating orders, unloading and loading lorries.
Night shift: £23,100 – £31,760 per annum
Dependent on experience/moving onto shift, plus benefits, plus discretionary bonus. This salary range includes the shift premium where applicable.
Pre authorised overtime available at time and a half, after 40 hours.
Night shift (40 hours per week): Monday to Friday (18:00 – 02:30, or until jobs done)
This includes a 30 minute paid break. All training carried out on day shift.
Competitive salaries and annual salary reviews
Performance appraisals and annual bonus scheme
Opportunity for overtime (subject to job role)
Additional opportunities for training and development
Contributory pension scheme (5%)
Length of service rewards
Private medical healthcare
Two weeks sick pay allowance (after 5 years’ service)
Five additional days holiday after 12 months’ service
Specsavers vouchers to those that specifically require it for their role
Employee Assistance Programme
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifying and locating different steel products, using appropriate measuring equipment
- Ensuring daily checks are performed on relevant equipment at the start of your shift and report any defects
- Ensuring machines and all work areas are clean and tidy
- Unloading lorries, batching and allocating steel to appropriate locations as necessary
- Replenishing stock in the racks
- Working as part of the team of operators, picking and collating steel to order and preparing them for loading as and when orders are generated
- Collating and planning customer orders as per the pre-determined load list and loading the lorry accordingly
- Attending all training courses when required
- Following all safe systems of work at all times. Identifying and reporting any shortcomings that become apparent whilst undertaking tasks or if the tasks change or new activities are undertaken. Liaising with the HS&E Department to ensure such risks are assessed and procedures amended as necessary
- Actively engaging in the identification of risks within the workplace and the subsequent assessment development of suitable safe systems of work. When necessary, intervening to prevent breaches of health and safety and/or report as necessary
- Following the requirements of the Company Quality Management Systems, policies and procedures to help achieve a quality product for the customer and reduce the non-conformances
- Following the requirements of the Company Environmental Management System to assist the Company’s objective to reduce the detrimental effect on the environment by way of waste management and any other areas to improve the environmental impact.
AJN Steelstock is one of the UK’s leading steel stockholders operating from two sites in Kentford, Suffolk and Henstridge, Somerset. We have an outstanding reputation for service and reliability and are proud of our continued inclusion in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 League Table and the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.