Combi Operator / Loader
Forklift truck/CombiLift Operator picking steel to order, collating orders, unloading and loading lorries.
Average basic salary of £21,000 to £23,000 (£10.10 to £11.06 per hour) per annum after 12-18 months. Starting salary dependent upon experience.
Available at time and a half.
Annual summer discretionary bonus scheme
10 days sick pay allowance (after 5 years’ service)
Company pension scheme
20 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
Length of service rewards
5 additional days holiday after two years’ service
Private medical healthcare (after 2 years’ service)
Specsavers vouchers to those that specifically require it for their role
Legal and General Employee Assistance Programme
Duties & Responsibilites
- Identify and locate different steel products, using appropriate measuring equipment and reporting faults
- Ensure machines and all work areas are clean and tidy
- Replenish stock in the racks
- Ensure daily checks are performed on your forklift/combi-lift at the start of your shift
- Working as part of our team of operators, picking steel to order, as and when orders are generated
- Collating aforementioned orders, and preparing them for loading
- Be courteous and polite to customers
- Unloading Lorries as necessary
- Loading Lorries as necessary
- Ensure you and your colleagues adhere to all current Health & Safety Legislation and Company Policy
- Report any accidents and incidents to the Health and Safety Advisor
- Attend training courses when requested
- Comply with all company quality policies and procedures.
AJN Steelstock is one of the UK’s leading steel stockholders operating from two sites in Kentford, Suffolk and Henstridge, Somerset. We have an outstanding reputation for service and reliability and are proud of our continued inclusion in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 League Table and the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.