CombiLift Operator / Picker
Picking steel to order, collating orders, unloading and loading lorries.
Late shift: £23,100 – £33,925 per annum
Dependent on experience/moving onto shift, plus benefits, plus discretionary bonus. These salary ranges include the shift premium where applicable.
Pre authorised overtime available at time and a half, after 40 hours.
Late shift (40 hours per week): Monday to Friday (16:00 – 00:30)
This includes a 30 minute paid break and a 30 minute unpaid break. All training carried out on day shift.
Competitive salaries and annual salary reviews
Performance appraisals and annual bonus scheme
Opportunity for overtime (subject to job role)
Additional opportunities for training and development
Contributory pension scheme (5%)
Length of service rewards
Private medical healthcare
Two weeks sick pay allowance (after 5 years’ service)
Five additional days holiday after 12 months’ service
Specsavers vouchers to those that specifically require it for their role
Employee Assistance Programme
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working as part of the team of operators, picking and collating steel to order and preparing them for loading as and when orders are generated
- Identifying and locating different steel products, using appropriate measuring equipment and replenishing stock in the racks
- Unloading lorries, batching and allocating steel to appropriate locations as necessary
- Collating and planning customer orders as per the pre-determined load list and loading the lorry accordingly
- Attending all training courses when required.
- Experience driving forklift or combi-lifts, working with steel, or working in a warehouse environment is desirable not essential.
AJN Steelstock is one of the UK’s leading steel stockholders operating from two sites in Kentford, Suffolk and Henstridge, Somerset. We have an outstanding reputation for service and reliability and are proud of our continued inclusion in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 League Table and the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.