Please note that we are not currently hiring for this position, however, if a suitable candidate were to apply with relevant experience, we would consider pursuing their application.
Promote products and services, negotiate prices, work hard for customers to form relationships and achieve budgets.
Highly competitive, dependent on experience
Office hours – Between the hours of 08:00 – 18:00, 40 hours pw
Competitive salaries and annual salary reviews
Performance appraisals and annual bonus scheme
Opportunity for overtime (subject to job role)
Additional opportunities for training and development
Contributory pension scheme (5%)
Length of service rewards
Private medical healthcare
Two weeks sick pay allowance (after 5 years’ service)
Five additional days holiday after 12 months’ service
Specsavers vouchers to those that specifically require it for their role
Employee Assistance Programme
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answering, screening and forwarding incoming phone calls
- Operating on a consultative level when selling the Company’s products and services and when advising customers around pricing
- Being commercially and technically aware of the industry and the use of steel within the construction, agricultural, architectural or automotive industries
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with a portfolio of customers and proactively responding to new sales enquiries
- Confidently approaching new clients for potential business, ensuring future business growth, profit and the encouragement of ongoing sales relationships using excellent negotiation skills
- Assisting in the increase of the customer base by identifying potential in new, dormant and existing accounts
- Maintaining accurate records of all transactions and the compilation of management reports for business meetings, whilst regularly analysing competitor analysis, stock analysis, production planning, continuous improvement packages, customer performance reviewing and the identification of new business opportunities
- Attending all training courses as and when required
- Following all safe systems of work at all times
- Identifying and reporting any shortcomings that become apparent whilst undertaking tasks or if the tasks change or new activities are undertaken
- Liaising with the HS&E Department to ensure such risks are assessed and procedures amended as necessary
- Actively engaging in the identification of risks within the workplace and the subsequent assessment development of suitable safe systems of work. When necessary, intervening to prevent breaches of health and safety and/or report as necessary
- Following the requirements of the Company Quality Management Systems, policies and procedures to help achieve a quality product for the customer and reduce the non-conformances
- Following the requirements of the Company Environmental Management System to assist the Company’s objective to reduce the detrimental effect on the environment by way of waste management and any other areas to improve the environmental impact.
- Within Sales and the steel industry is preferred.
AJN Steelstock is one of the UK’s leading steel stockholders operating from two sites in Kentford, Suffolk and Henstridge, Somerset. We have an outstanding reputation for service and reliability and are proud of our continued inclusion in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 League Table and the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.