Trainee Production Programmer
Learning to create and modify programmes in accordance with technical drawings and procedures, using company tools working closely with the Sales Department to ensure customer optimisation.
Daily activities include quoting lead times, programming CNC machines, manual drawing, liaising with sales.
Full training will be provided for those with no experience, salary will reflect this.
Competitive, dependent on experience.
Plus benefits, plus discretionary bonus.
Day shift (40 hours per week): Monday to Friday (08:00 – 17:00)
This includes a 60 minute unpaid break.
Competitive salaries and annual salary reviews
Performance appraisals and annual bonus scheme
Opportunity for overtime (subject to job role)
Additional opportunities for training and development
Contributory pension scheme (5%)
Length of service rewards
Private medical healthcare
Two weeks sick pay allowance (after 5 years’ service)
Five additional days holiday after 12 months’ service
Specsavers vouchers to those that specifically require it for their role
Employee Assistance Programme
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating CNC machine programs for manufacturing, using designated software
- Understanding basic 2D cad skills to check NC files. Checking dimensions and geometry
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings and confirming programme components from customer drawings, including manual programming of customer drawings
- Managing the scheduling of CNC machines and checking progression throughout the day to the completion of the job
- Quoting sections/fittings and lead times as appropriate
- Working in coordination with other production staff
- Monitoring batch numbers for test certs/traceability
- Liaising with the Sales department on cutting times to ensure customer delivery dates can be achieved
- Supplying drawings for shed to check machine accuracy
- Going through cutting tickets confirming when complete
- Maintaining accurate records and filing all correspondence as appropriate
- Liaising with the Purchasing department on non-stock requirements
- Attending all training courses when required.
- Desire to gain experience in programming CNC machines and CAD
- Understanding of on the shop floor is desirable but not essential.
AJN Steelstock is one of the UK’s leading steel stockholders operating from two sites in Kentford, Suffolk and Henstridge, Somerset. We have an outstanding reputation for service and reliability and are proud of our continued inclusion in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 League Table and the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.