Keeping the yard clean and tidy. This job includes forklift use. A full list of duties and responsibilities is available below.
Basic starting salary of £19,300 per annum.
Available at time and a half.
Annual summer discretionary bonus scheme
10 days sick pay allowance (after 5 years’ service)
Company pension scheme
20 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
Length of service rewards
5 additional days holiday after two years’ service
Private medical healthcare (after 2 years’ service)
Specsavers vouchers to those that specifically require it for their role
Legal and General Employee Assistance Programme
Duties & Responsibilites
- Keeping the yard clean and tidy, picking up banding and timbers
- sweeping under racks, using the sweeping machine
- emptying the skips and the bins
- Cleaning of Armco barriers
- Putting gas bottles in correct storage location
- Litter picking
- Gardening, trimming hedges, getting rid of weeds
- Occasionally painting posts and Armco barrier
- Will include forklift use
- Replenishing cleaning stations
- Off-loading and distributing small parcels and shot and paint deliveries
- Grit and clear snow from the yard in poor weather conditions
- Any other adhoc duties
AJN Steelstock is one of the UK’s leading steel stockholders operating from two sites in Kentford, Suffolk and Henstridge, Somerset. We have an outstanding reputation for service and reliability and are proud of our continued inclusion in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250 League Table and the London Stock Exchange Group’s ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’.